Department: Product Development
Hours: Full time/ Part-time
Reports To: Product Manager
Direct Reports: None yet
Indirect Reports: None yet
Internal Relationships: All miKashBoks staff
External Relationships: Funding entities, Implementation partners, Farmer Associations, Farmers, Field Agents, Input Sellers.
MiKashboks is a goal-oriented soft commitment saving device that aims to enhance financial and food security for small-holder farmers in Sierra Leone, a marginalized group. The service allows farmers to save money during every harvest & market season to purchase crop inputs at discounted prices for the next growing season, voluntarily binding and cleverly nudging them to reach particular predefined goals of inputs they require at the next growing season.
Designed around the pattern of variable cash flow experienced by our target group, leveraging mobile money, and accessible from feature phones via SMS and USSD interfaces for accessible and convenient transactions, MiKashboks provides a customized self-defined savings scheme to farmers across the country.
The M&E Specialist will lead and manage the design and implementation of robust monitoring, evaluation, assessment, trails, and other studies to understand the adoption of miKashBoks. The M&E Specialist will establish performance measures, indicators, data collection strategy, manage data sources, and report on these.
The M&E Specialist is expected to work closely with the R&D Lead and Engineering. An ideal candidate should be very research focused, well versed in financial inclusion in fragile states, digital financial services, mobile money, micro-savings, and working with the bottom of the pyramid.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Contribute to the design and implementation of surveys.
- Implement a robust system of M&E
- Identify and formulate lessons learned and document best practices from evaluations and studies to be integrated into project reports;
- Oversee production of all reports, including written reports and PowerPoint presentations.
- Review and discuss assessment, evaluation or monitoring results with funding partners and implementing partners.
- Provide guidance and feedback to miKashBoks staff.
- Keep up to date with relevant sector trends, gaps, and information.
- Participate in all team meetings that they were invited to and contribute with ideas, suggestions, constructive feedback and findings from customer interactions.
- Master’s degree in related field required
- Minimum of three years of professional experience related to international development or M&E
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative methods, including design, analysis, and interpretation of results.
- Excellent English writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with M&E systems used by funding organizations such as the UNCDF and USAID.
Other jobs at miKashBok
Research & Development Specialist
Freetown, Sierra Leone