Department: Product Development
Hours: Full time
Reports To: Product Manager
Direct Reports: None yet
Indirect Reports: None yet
Internal Relationships: All miKashBoks staff
External Relationships: Farmers, Farmer Associations, Input sellers, Implementing Partners, Development Community, Academia, Other Stakeholders
MiKashboks is a goal-oriented soft commitment saving device that aims to enhance financial and food security for small-holder farmers in Sierra Leone, a marginalized group. The service allows farmers to save money during every harvest & market season to purchase crop inputs at discounted prices for the next growing season, voluntarily binding and cleverly nudging them to reach particular predefined goals of inputs they require at the next growing season.
Designed around the pattern of variable cash flow experienced by our target group, leveraging mobile money, and accessible from feature phones via SMS and USSD interfaces for accessible and convenient transactions, MiKashboks provides a customized self-defined savings scheme to farmers across the country.
The ideal candidate will help refine, and contribute to the short, medium & long term strategy of miKashBoks. He should be very research focused, well versed in financial inclusion in fragile states, digital financial services, mobile money, and micro-savings. He/She should be intuitive enough to see patterns, trends and SWOTs from data before anyone else does and draw up clever inference.
This person should have extensive knowledge of conducting survey and analysis; experience in the Agric value chain is extremely desired and so is previous work with consumers at the base of the pyramid.
Very strong technical writing is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage Surveys, Research, Analysis related to miKashBoks.
- Provide evidence-based recommendations to the Engineering and Product Development teams on how various components of the miKashBoks service can be improved
- Stay abreast similar services deployed in other markets and recommend practices and SWOTs that applies to miKashBoks
- Author technical and progress reports for partners.
- Author publications & blogs for public consumptions
- Run studies of customer satisfaction, focus group interview, etc to measure sentiments among end-users
- Ensure that all assigned tasks follow the project deliverable timelines.
- Keep up to date with relevant sector trends, gaps, and information.
- Participate in all team meetings that they were invited to and contribute with ideas, suggestions, constructive feedback and findings from customer interactions
- At least a Master’s degree in related field required;
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in Research & Development or Financial Inclusion
- Excellent communication skills (written & oral)
- Technical reporting
- Highly analytical
- Problem solver
- Process & task oriented
Other jobs at miKashBok
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Freetown, Sierra Leone